Building Bridges Leadership Academy
The Building Bridges Leadership Academy is designed for young adult and adult allies who are interested in working with youth to build a more just and inclusive world.
The training provides participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to support youth empowerment and leadership, as well as prepare to volunteer in CCEJ’s youth programs.
Here is what a participant can expect:
- Exploration of Oppression and Social Justice
- Practicing dialogue and facilitation
- Interactive learning – including case studies, role-playing, and assessments
- Strategies for handling resistance and conflict
- Resources and reference materials
- Overview of CCEJ youth programs and volunteer opportunities
Why CCEJ Needs You
CCEJ provides a number of vital social justice programs focused on transforming divisions and building alliances across lines of racial, cultural, gender, socioeconomic and religious differences. Graduates of the Building Bridges Leadership Academy are eligible to serve as program facilitators and volunteers for these CCEJ programs and more:
- Building Bridges Camps
- Building Bridges Youth Council
- Conscious Classrooms
- Summer Youth Leadership Institute
- Building Bridges Leadership Academy
- Building Bridges Clubs Alliance
- REAL Resiliency
Dates & Times:
Session 1: January 4, 2020, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Session 2: January 11, 2020, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Session 3: January 18, 2020, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: To be Determined -Long Beach, CA
Cost: The 3-session program is offered at the low cost of $50. Includes meals/supplies. Pay-what-you-can option available, contact CCEJ staff for info. Pay by check (made out to CCEJ) or pay at the training.
To Register: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BBLAJan2020
Childcare, physical/learning accommodations provided upon request.
For more information, please call Kathleah Pagdilao at 562.435.8184 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.