About Conscious Classrooms
Conscious Classrooms is an in-school program for middle and high school youth focused on building the awareness, knowledge, and skills students need to promote respect, advocate for social justice, and strengthen the learning environment in classrooms and schools.
Conscious Classrooms Facilitator Training
The Conscious Classrooms Facilitator Training is designed for young adults and adult allies who would like to facilitate CCEJ’s in-school program. The training provides participants with the necessary knowledge and skills needed when working with youth through the Conscious Classrooms program. This dynamic training is packed with helpful strategies, techniques, tools, and insights into bringing social justice issues to the forefront of classroom settings.
Conscious Classrooms facilitators are paid for their time and facilitation.
*This is a training specifically for folks interested in facilitating for Conscious Classrooms, a program that requires availability during weekdays and a flexibility in schedules.*
Participants can expect:
- Opportunities to practice facilitating Conscious Classrooms
- Interactive and Experiential Learning
- Awareness of implementing Social Justice content into K-12 curriculum
- Experience-based testimonies from past facilitators and assessments
- Exploration of social justice issues impacting diverse youth in schools
- Strategies for handling resistance and conflict
- Helpful resources and reference materials
Volunteer Facilitator Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be willing and able to facilitate sessions during the school day
- Must attend all training sessions (see dates/times below)
- Must have dependable transportation to locations across LA County
Friday, March 13th – 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Friday, March 20th – 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Friday, March 27th – 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Cost: This is a free training for volunteers.
Light breakfast and lunch will be provided each day.
**Participants must attend all three days of training in order to be eligible to facilitate.**
Please contact Cárol Rojas at email@example.com or at 562-435-8184 ext. 240 with any questions.