Are you interested in engaging youth in meaningful conversations around identity and social justice? We can train and support you!
About Conscious Classrooms
Conscious Classrooms is an in-school program for middle and high school youth focused on building the awareness, knowledge, and skills students need to promote respect, advocate for social justice, and strengthen the learning environment in classrooms and schools.
Conscious Classrooms Facilitator Training
The Conscious Classrooms Facilitator Training is designed for young adults and adult allies who would like to facilitate CCEJ’s in-school program. The training provides participants with the necessary knowledge and skills that are needed when virtually working with youth in Conscious Classrooms.
This training is free. Folx asked to facilitate may be compensated for their time and labor.
Participants can expect:
- Opportunities to practice facilitating Conscious Classrooms curriculum (and other related skills).
- Interactive learning – including role-playing, experience-based testimonies from past facilitators and assessments.
- In-depth exploration of social justice issues impacting diverse youth in schools and in the community.
- Strategies for handling resistance and conflict.
- Helpful resources and reference materials.
Some of the curriculum topics include, but are not limited to:
- Gang Violence
- LGBTQIA+ History and Justice
- Empathy for Myself and Others
- Race and Ethnity in the U.S.
Volunteer Facilitator Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old and out of high school
- This is a training specifically for folx interested in facilitating for Conscious Classrooms virtually; any folx wishing to facilitate in-person will need to go through in-person training.
- Folx participating in the program must be willing and able to facilitate virtual sessions during the school day (7am – 4pm) and within the school year (2021-2022) for Conscious Classrooms.
- Folx must be able to attend and participate in all three sessions to be eligible to facilitate in the classroom.
Wednesday, July 14, 2021 | 9 am – 12 pm & 2 – 5 pm
Wednesday, July 21, 2021 | 9 am – 12 pm & 2 – 5 pm
Wednesday, July 28, 2021 | 9 am – 12 pm & 2 – 5 pm
Cost: This is a free training for volunteers.
To Register: surveymonkey.com/r/ccfacilitator21
Please contact Tobías Vasquez (they/he) at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.