Healing Harms Restorative Justice Volunteer Training
Help keep youth out of the juvenile justice system – become a Healing Harms Volunteer!
Serve as a Restorative Justice Facilitator with CCEJ’s Restorative Justice diversion program offered as an alternative to the juvenile justice system for youth 17 and under that have been charged with a crime and those who were harmed by that action. Hold space for youth as they understand the reasons for their actions and the harm they have caused, plan for future success, and practice accountability to the people they harmed. CCEJ partners with a wide range of referring agencies including police departments and district attorney offices.
Volunteer Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must complete a Foundations of Restorative Justice Training before August 24, 2019
- If you have not yet completed a Foundations of Restorative Justice Training and would like to register, please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FoundationsRJ2019
- Must attend all training sessions (see dates/times below)
- Must have dependable transportation to locations across LA County
- Must fulfill 12-month volunteer commitment (Oct. 2019-Sept. 2020)
- Must consent to a Live Scan background check (criminal convictions do not necessarily disqualify you from service)
Saturday, Aug. 24th – 9am-5pm
Saturday, Sept. 7th – 9am-5pm
Saturday, Sept. 21st – 9am-5pm
Registration Deadline: Aug. 15th
3711 Long Beach Blvd. #1017
Long Beach, CA 90807
This is a free training for future volunteers.
Register at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HealingHarms2019
Vanessa Petti, RPIC Program Director