Restorative Justice in Schools uses the tool of dialogue in circles to build community, prevent conflict and respond to disciplinary incidents. Restorative Justice in Schools is rooted in a culture shift away from zero-tolerance policies and disproportionately punitive disciplinary models.
The 2-day Tier 1: Community Building Training offers in-depth training and coaching in using circle to build community & create positive relationships amongst adults and with youth.
- 14 hours of training time
- Digital presentation of the foundations of Restorative Justice in Schools practices
- Demonstration of games to support the development of Community Building Circle culture
- Experiential activities designed to provide participants with an opportunity to process and reflect about:
- the values that uphold the Circle Agreements and promote Community Building
- the many ways that student behavior can show up at school and how it relates to needs
- the role of a Circle-keeper and how to hold space
- Step-by-step discussion of the Circle process and its components
- Circle-keeper practice and role plays to simulate prospective Circle-keeping
- Planning time to strategize development of Circle culture at participants’ respective sites
- Participants will receive literature curated by the RJ practitioners at CCEJ to support ongoing learning and implementation of restorative practices at their respective sites.
- School staff including teachers, administrators, counselors, clerical and security personnel interested in bringing Restorative Justice to their school community.
- We also invite folks who work with youth in other capacities who want to learn restorative ways to engage and build stronger relationships in their spaces.
DATE: Friday & Saturday, January 25-26, 2019
TIME: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Training cost is $300/per person (includes lunch)
- Discount: Teams of 3 or more will receive a $25 discount per participant, if they all remit payment at one time.
PAYMENT: Pay online with PayPal
LBCF Conference Room
3515 Linden Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90807
REGISTER: Click here to register.