Raising FUTUREs Facilitator Training
Become a Raising FUTUREs facilitator and support parents and caregivers through ongoing workshops in Los Angeles County. Interactive workshops will consist of the following topics:
- understanding systemic inequities
- supporting positive youth development
- affirming youth identities & expressions
- understanding youth’s needs & feelings
- conflict resolution in our homes & communities
- navigating schools & other complex systems
- raising sexually healthy youth, and much more!
The Raising FUTUREs volunteer facilitator training is free, provided that trained individuals facilitate Raising FUTUREs workshops in the year ahead. The training is open to volunteers who have previously completed CCEJ’s Healing Harms, Building Bridges, or Conscious Classrooms facilitator trainings. After completing the training, participants will be eligible to earn stipends as Raising FUTUREs workshop facilitators.
Required training dates: Saturday, January 19 & Saturday, January 26
Time: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Location: Long Beach location provided upon registration.
Childcare, lunch, and refreshments provided.
Click here to register.
Join the movement to build a network of parents and caregivers invested in a culture shift to advocate with young people & uphold restorative practices in our homes and communities!
Click here to download the training flyer.
Mayra Serna, RPIC Training Specialist
email@example.com or (562) 453-5326