What is Restorative Justice?
Restorative Justice in schools uses the tool of dialogue in circles to build community, prevent conflict and respond to disciplinary incidents. Restorative Justice in schools is rooted in a culture shift away from zero-tolerance policies and disproportionately punitive disciplinary models.
The 4-hour Beginning Games & Team-Builders Training offers training and coaching to introduce participants to physical activities with movement, that also allow participants to respond to questions without needing to respond to whole groups, but rather in pairs or small groups. This training will offer Standing Team-Builders, Standing Games for Circle Formation, and Sitting Games for Circle Formation.
- 4 Hours of Training
- Opportunities to reflect on how Games & Team-Builders support the integration of restorative practices at schools
- Opportunities to reflect upon how Games & Team-Builders prepares students to be ready for Community Building Circles
- Opportunities to facilitate games & team-builders
- Specific facilitation feedback from trainer
- A hard copy of the Restorative Justice in Schools’ Handbook of Games and Team-Builders for Circle Readiness
- School staff including teachers, administrators, counselors, clerical and security personnel interested in using Games & Team-Builders to foster community within their schools. We also invite folks who work with youth in other capacities who want to learn how to use these activities to build deeper community.
DATE: APRIL 6, 2019
TIME: 10:00AM – 2:00PM
COST: Training Cost is $100 Per Participant
REGISTER: Click here to register.
PAYMENT: Click Here to Pay Online with PayPal
LBCF Conference Room
3515 Linden Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90807