Part of our Restorative Justice Training Series
IMPORTANT: In order to be admitted into our Tier II: Open Harm & Conflict Training, CCEJ must verify that you have previously completed both days of our Tier I: Community Building Training.
WHAT IS RESTORATIVE JUSTICE?
Restorative Justice in schools uses the tool of dialogue in circles to build community, prevent conflict, and respond to disciplinary incidents. Restorative Justice in schools is rooted in a culture shift away from zero-tolerance policies and disproportionately punitive disciplinary models.
The 3-day Tier II: Open Harm & Conflict Training offers in-depth training and coaching in using circle to identify needs, harms, and obligations in order to repair relationships and create healthy relationships in schools.
- 21 Hours of Training (3 days)
- Structured, experiential activities to process:
- personal assumptions and reactions to power dynamics in the face of conflict
- how we show up personally to the work of building restorative communities and how to actualize these visions
- the importance of leveraging different relationships and how to utilize them to navigate conflict
- power/privilege and trauma and its impact on one’s ability to participate in Circle
- participants’ reflections on the work of RJ as it relates to Harm and Conflict
- Introduction to the strategic, progressive steps of Restorative Dialogue and building a safe container in preparation for the Harm and Conflict Circle
- Opportunity to brainstorm with other participants regarding different dynamics of conflict they experience to collectively role play a scenario for practice and feedback
- School staff including teachers, administrators, counselors, clerical and security personnel interested in bringing Restorative Justice to their school community. We also invite folks who work with youth in other capacities who want to learn restorative ways to engage and build stronger relationships in their spaces.
DATE: Thursday-Saturday, May 23-25, 2019
TIME: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm each day
- $400/per person (includes lunch)
- Discount: Teams of 3 or more will receive a $25 discount per participant, if they all remit payment at one time.
LBCF Conference Room
3515 Linden Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90807